Counseling high school students on their college choices requires a lot of information. Here you'll find the materials you need in order to guide your students in their college search.
Admission & Financial Aid
Fee Waiver Policy
A $50 fee is required with each application. Saint Anselm College will waive the $50 application fee for the following students:
- Visitors: Students who register for and attend an official visit before they submit their application will have their fee waived. This includes any virtual visits. Students will receive details regarding the waiver within 48 hours of the conclusion of their visit.
- First Generation Domestic and International Students: For this purpose, a first-generation college student is defined as a student whose parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have not completed a bachelor’s degree.
- Counselor Referrals: Do you have a student to whom you would like to provide a fee waiver? Have them use the fee waiver code HAWKS when they submit their Common Application.
Test Score Policy
Saint Anselm College has extended its temporary test-optional policy for ALL Fall 2022 applicants, including nursing and homeschool applicants. The Office of Admission will continue to monitor the situation for future years and make any policy changes as necessary.
Applicants may elect to have their test scores reviewed with their application. We will super-score the SAT and ACT exams. Not submitting their scores will not negatively impact the student’s application. Please note that official test scores (if available) will be required for each student upon enrollment. Test scores may be used for academic advisement purposes.
Applicants may submit self-reported test scores for use during the admission process. Self-reported scores can come directly from the Common Application or a student may send us a PDF copy of their student score report. We will not accept self-reported scores in an email from the student unless the email includes the students’ score report as indicated above. A school counselor may also submit a score report on behalf of the student.
SAT and ACT test dates prior to November 15th will release results in time for scores to be considered with early action or early decision applications. For students applying regular decision, test dates through December 15th will provide results in time for scores to be considered with their application.
99% of our students receive a need-based grant or scholarship through Saint Anselm College. Merit scholarships can range between $16,000 and $27,000 and are based on secondary school grade-point average and academic performance. The average financial aid offer is about $29,360. More information can be found on our Tuition & Financial Aid page.
Optional Application Add-on's
Saint Anselm College has the following partnerships that provide students with opportunities to enhance their applications.
- SlideRoom: Students interested in applying for our Fine Arts program or would like to share their visual and performance art as part of their applications can submit a free portfolio through SlideRoom. All portfolios will be evaluated by a Fine Arts faculty member at Saint Anselm College. To create a portfolio, students can either click the link embedded in the Common Application or can create through Slideroom.
- RaiseMe: Students can prepare for college by earning scholarships for their academic and extracurricular achievements. By creating a portfolio, applicants can add their accomplishments and see how they can translate into micro-scholarships at the colleges to which they are applying. RaiseMe scholarships will be incorporated into our merit scholarships and will be awarded along with the application decision letter. Students can sign up using the RaiseMe website.
Students interested in playing a sport at the NCAA Division II level are encouraged to visit the Athletics website to learn more about the recruitment process.
For questions related to athletics and the admission process, please contact the Athletic Liaison for the Office of Admission, Ashleigh Sargent.
We welcome school counselors to learn more about Saint Anselm College by visiting campus. Programs are offered throughout the year.
If you are interested in learning more about future counselor opportunities, contact Tony Trodella, Associate Director of Admission.
Consider honoring one of your students with a Saint Anselm College Book Award. The criteria for consideration are:
- The student must demonstrate academic success and exceptional leadership qualities in the area of civic engagement
- The recipient should embody the values inherent in our Benedictine tradition.
- The student should be a current junior and have aspirations for continued education.
If you wish to honor a student, please fill out the participation form by March 1, 2021. An email with a link to our nomination form will follow. Our nomination deadline this year is April 30, 2021.